The Felted Slip-Stitch Tote is done. I think it’s going to be my new purse.
The lining turned out ok, at least for someone who doesn’t know much about sewing. Here’s a picture of the newly-installed zipper:
Here’s the finished liner, installed. You can see the the divider I put in the liner and you can see the little zippered pocket in the liner too. The zippered pocket turned out well–especially considering that I forgot about it until I’d sewn the rest of the liner together. The divider didn’t turn out quite as well. I think the design idea was good, especially because I used interfacing to make it a little more stiff, but the actual execution lacked something. The divider is a little too wide, apparently, but it’s still functional.
Tomorrow I’ll load it up and test it out. I’m hoping to bring it on our trip to NY.
R’s watermelon hat needs to be finished before we leave too, but I only have a couple more rounds and then ends to weave in before it’s done. I’m going to bring her socks along to finish on the trip, and some Harry Potter-themed yarn for a HP KAL that starts June 15. I’m planning to bring another project along too so I’m not just working on socks, but I haven’t quite decided what.